Once a year you want to do an audit of all of your visual assets for both your digital and print collateral. It’s an annual check-up to see if you are still on brand with the images, fonts and colors you use across all of your marketing channels to make sure you reach your ideal audience.
It’s like going through your closet and pulling out one piece of clothing at a time. Does the item still fit you and even more than that actually look good on you? Are the colors of your favorite shirts complementing your eyes and working well with your skin tones? Is it time to ditch that pair of pants you’ve had for almost 15 years? Is the style of your favorite shirt making the right statement? It’s time to purge what doesn’t work to make space for new and fully on-brand pieces that help you share your brand message in a clear and authentic voice.
Consider these questions as you dive into your visual brand audit.
- Do the images in your library still look like you? Is the expertise and confidence growth you’ve experienced showing in your photos?
- Is the current direction of your business coming through? Will your audience be able to see the same brand message as they move from your newsletter or social media posts to your website?
- Have you started any new services or added new products? Maybe all you need is a visual refresh for these.
- Are you tired of the thumbnails YouTube chooses for your videos? Don’t you wish you had better images to select from?
- Podcasts are auditory, but a curated set of marketing images will let you share the expertise and energy your listeners can expect from you.
- Is your website up-to-date? With constant changes in web design and to make sure the user experience on your site is keeping your viewers hooked, you want to look at your banners, service or product images and call-to-action images. Do the images pull you in with the right message? Do they direct the viewer’s eye to click that button?
- Go through your presentations, slideshows and workshop materials. Does your image library allow you to pull images that will speak to the right audience? Are you able to update images on the fly to be relevant?
- You may have just written a book and are ready to launch it. Do you need promotional images to make the splash that you need to get on the bestseller list?
- Are your team members represented on your website?
- How about lifestyle images that give your audience a look into who you are as a person. A glimpse into your soul and what makes you the person you are today.
NOT SURE WHAT BRANDING IMAGES YOU NEED?
START with a Visual Brand Audit
Make sure your brand voice is coming through loud and clear in all of your images.
The beginning of the year is a great time to take a deep look into your image portfolio and make sure that you have all the images you need to kick your marketing into full gear and know that you have the images you need at your fingertips. What’s missing from your image library?
I can help you with a refresh of your branding image library as well as create a whole new set of images that will highlight the brand focus, share who you are and the magic only you bring to serve your clients.
Take the next step to create an image library you will love to use.
To get you started, take a look at what a Personal Branding Photography Experience has to offer you. Go to PERSONAL BRAND PHOTOGRAPHY.
To learn more and to make sure we are a good fit for each other, I’m inviting you to schedule a DISCOVERY CHAT.
When is the last time you felt seen?
As one of the top headshot and personal branding photographers in Lancaster, PA, I specialize in helping business owners, entrepreneurs and creatives magnetize their brands with intentional, eye-catching images they actually love. It’s an experience that will transform how you see yourself.
I invite you to discover the power of feeling seen!